Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Final Words

Sor Mirna Presiding over the Farewell dinner


I thought I saw expereinced the last of worrying about final exams las may, but I was wrong.  The same fret over exams hit me again the past week as I've been helping the internas study for their finals, and then I have been proctoring final exams all week, very fun!  Well so this may not seem like that exciting of a post, but man it has been a stretching experience. 

Marinita Studying in another part of the back yard!
The girls in Third Basico, and Third year  Bachillerato between their studying have been in an emotional mess. There is 1st- 3rd of Basico which is 7-9th grade, after which they have to choose a specific area for Bachillerato, our10th-12th.  Our Bachillerato program is Business Admistration, and  only a handful of the girls in Third Basico are going to return, the rest will go to other schools for sciences or computers or other specialties.  Its crazy that the year is almost over.)  Hence they are all moving on to new horizons and leaving behind this one.  These goodbyes in the states mean a lot less then they do here.  In the states we all have facebook and email and internet and yes some girls here have Facebook, but then there are still a lot that will be going back to houses that don't even have electricity.  Some of you might say ohh then just send snail mail, but that really doesn't exist outside of the city either, a goodbye really might be forever, and they know it.  I am having a good time while they are still here, but as of today exams are finished, and as of Thursday, almost all of the girls will be gone, and I don't know who will return.   Its strange already saying goodbye and I feel like I just got here.  But have so many relationships that it is killing me to end.  Well goodbye and continue to pray for us!  Love yal!
  Becca

 Here are some pictures of our Farewell Dinner with all the girls and the sisters together!



Sor Yorlanda serving the Tamales for the special occasion!

The dance contest for the prizes!

Yenny studying in the backyard





Another cool fruit that is in season now.
Where I do Laundry

No comments:

Post a Comment