Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lucky for you…That I’m not Peter.

    El Instituto Maria Auxiliadora is a labryrinth of doors and cabinets each with a special key kept in a specific place.  Its amazing how doors and cabinets open, and how so much depends on the keyholder. For those of you who know me, you know that I have always lived in a situation that functioned quite to the contrary.  Growing up, we had a very confident neighborhood and many would leave the doors open and anyone would walk in or out, as they please, and my parents would always leave a door unlocked for us kids.  Then, I moved to college, and similarly, supposedly I had a key, but more or less we just left it on the window and everyone would use the same one.  Well then I guess there was the car keys, however, my family can attest I was never very good at keeping track of those for very long, and they are lucky we had two copies, and triple AAA to unlock the car when they were left inside the car.  
     Anyways, I thought I’d let you laugh at me for a moment,  unfortunately, coming here with so many keys hasn’t helped me that much in learning to remember them.  So I have a key that I use to enter my room, and unfortunately it’s the only one, and unfortunately, in the morning I have a habit of leaving it in my room when I roll out of bed and run out the door to get to my duties of attending to the girls' breakfast.  But, lucky for me the windows here are like blinds made of glass, so imagine this.  
This isn't my window, but so you get the idea of the pieces of glass. That are really tricky to take out!
       Like normal I didn’t realize I had to go meet with a student until it was almost that time, but I needed to go to the bathroom and to grab the gradesheet, however, I also realized that once again, my keys are locked in my room. AHHHH so I cautiously take out a piece of glass on the top, slide my hand through the window to unhook the screen, then on the bottom of the window, piece by piece I have to slowly extract the sheets of glass carefully placing them on the window sil, until there are enough out, that I can climb into the widow like a lizard and fall onto the bed (strategically placed on the other side). –and I made it to the bathroom and the meeting on time!  Wooo hoo! That’s why you are all very lucky I’m not Saint Peter, because we would all find ourselves locked out of heaven, and I imagine the windows are probably a lot harder to break into.   
Sulmi taking water out of the pozo (well)


Poor girl, I was taking a photo and not helping her, and the bucket is full!


--On a happy note, I think I finally unlocked how to teach my girls in English class, I am trying a technique called wholebrain learning, its crazy, but two classes so far and it seems pretty awesome!  We’ll see how this new module goes over, the first was pretty rough, but I’m hoping the best for this next one. God bless!

Some pics of the girls in their suits of amabilidad! jejeje

 

2 comments:

  1. God bless you, Becca. The Lord truly loves you just the way you are, even if that is often late and "keyless", and I love you too. Keep pressing on to serve the Lord and those great kids he has given you today. Sandy Shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becca I love this! It is so very you and I am so happy that you are there spreading your joy to everyone! I am praying for your safety! I love you!

    ReplyDelete