Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Do you take this man...

Sooo, this Sunday, in front of all the girls I will be married to a Hondoran!  Dun dun dun duu.... I hear the music, and the words(or the spanish equivalent), "Do you take this man to love and to cherish for the rest of  ..."  Ok this is were I give thanks to God, that the girls will not ever be planning my real marriage!  and that the words of the celebrant will end "for the rest of the Kermesse."
     The Kermesse is our big annual carnival that we have to raise funds.  At one point they decided it would be a good idea to pay to marry people for the Kermesse, which means you have to walk together the rest of the carnival, or pay for a divorce.  Only God knows who will be the man I am going to marry, because everyday for the past two weeks the girls have been talking about who they are going to marry me to! Ahhh! Now I have to get back to grading papers :(  I just needed a break for a moment.  Good night, Pray for us here, and the situation with the teachers strike, there has been no classes inthe public schools for three weeks, some for more time, and who knows when the situation will end.  The situation in Honduras won't get any better if the people remain uneducated, so pray for a well thought out peaceful resolution.

1 comment: